The Weekly Warmth is a reminder to take time for yourself—something I’m always making an effort to do throughout our often hectic business and family schedule. Here, I share a weekly collection of fashion, cooking, lifestyle, and design favourites, along with uplifting stories, helpful tips, and more. With the Weekly Warmth, we can all come back to a creative space and find special moments in the everyday.
As November comes to a close and the true winter weather rolls in, I've been dreaming up more activities to do with the family at home, and ways to make the most of the indoors. I hope you draw inspiration from the little things that brought me warmth this week.
PHOTO: Melissa Leclair in the Leclair Home Kitchen | Shop the Look
1. The kids are really into board games at the moment and love playing Trouble, Sorry, and Labyrinth—classics that all four of us know and enjoy! A board game makes a great holiday gift if you're struggling to find something the whole crew can have fun with.
2. I've been making meditation and mindfulness a priority as we head into the busier but often drearier winter months. Our team recently completed a mindfulness challenge and I found that the Calm App was a simple way to commit a few minutes each day to taking a mindful pause. I've been logging grateful quotes and daily reflections in the app as well. The subscription often goes on sale this time of year—another thoughtful gift for a loved one, or yourself!
3. Lately, I've been kickstarting my morning routine by filling this huge pitcher with water and lighting a candle in our kitchen. This encourages me to begin the day with a slow moment to myself and to drink a little more H2O! The Sweet Balsam candle is a favorite of mine around this time of year.
4. I currently have a tea obsession and I love to brew green tea or the Yogi Kombucha tea in the morning. For a midday pick-me-up, I'll either have a Chai or Mint tea.
5. There's nothing quite like a warm, home-cooked meal for dinner to brighten a weeknight. Our Chefs Plate favourites this week have been the Spaghetti Bolognese and the Mediterranean Basa Bowls.
6. I'm loving these 4-way stretch pants from RW&CO. They are cozy jogging pants but in a dressier-looking material to stay comfortable in the office or out for dinner. They wash really well with no pilling! I currently have them in black and shadow grey and may need to grab more in their Bright Friday sale!
7. We find design inspiration everywhere. As we get more and more excited about LD Cabin, I recently rewatched the home tour of Lauren and Aaron's Idaho hideaway. It was designed by one of our faves, Jake Arnold. This project is so grand while maintaining a cozy and functional space. A multitude of eye-catching moments and unique details highlight how much thought goes into designing spaces for individual client needs—which, in our opinion, is the best part of doing what we do!
With love & gratitude ♥,